Eye Tracking: Seeing from the customer’s perspective
Subjective information processing takes place to a large extent unconsciously. The influence of visual effects in particular plays a major role here and is often neglected in classic market research approaches. Through observation and questioning, it is possible to find out what information subjects generally remember. However, no insights are gained as to which elements of a perceived stimulus play a significant role in memory and which have been completely overlooked.
Eye tracking can be used to obtain objective information about largely unconscious perception, attention and information processing procedures, which, in combination with classic observation and survey data, enable holistic interpretation and targeted recommendations for action.
Whether for billboards, print media or your appearance at the POS: Our mobile eye tracking equipment captures exactly which information arouses the interest of your customers. The environment is seen through the eyes of the customer, so to speak!
Here, the eye-tracking procedure measures to the hundredth of a second how strong the communicative performance of a particular stimulus is:
- Capture of fixation & observation: What does the respondent see?
- Measurement of duration of view: How long does the consumer look at something?
- Measurement of attention getter: What does the consumer see first? What element is the eye catcher?
- Recording of view flow: In what sequence do consumers look at different elements?
- Capture of changing focus: How often do respondents switch their look at different elements/ areas?